Saturday, July 1, 2017

Living With Faeries: A Journal | Day Four

We have been practising with our new skills ceaselessly all day. We must fly through grand obstacle courses, and the work is exciting, if a little tiresome. We have also spent a significant amount of time learning more of the little known ways of the faeries, so that we may be prepared for any question or social cue. We have learned to control our wing color (A nonverbal form of communication in faerie culture), and I must admit that I took to that task quite nicely. I did not, however, excel at flying; I failed every task except one during our trials.
My companions and I also practised some faerie magic. We tested our minds and bodies while trying to accomplish simple faerie magic tricks. Creating sparks in the air, nourishing vegetation with a thought, and charming others was among the repertoire of today’s lessons, and we all enjoyed it quite thoroughly.
We also practised some more… dangerous magic. We spent over four hours learning to shoot blasts of fiery energy from our palms at targets, one of faeriekind’s most important defense mechanisms.
I sit now in my bedrooms, awaiting with anticipation all to come tomorrow! The others are asleep, but I sit now in meager candlelight, alone save for Peter’s snoring. A mouse walks past me now, it’s shadow looming over mine, it’s nails clicking menacingly. It will not hurt me, but still I am getting used to this strange, small world.

No comments:

Post a Comment